FCSBM founding Executive Board Members with Senator Gaetz (Senate President 2012-2014) at our Legislative Reception 2015
January 13th 6:30PM Join US!
One of our goals for 2016 is to offer unprecedented interaction between School Board Members and Legislators and our first initiative is to offer a series of Virtual Townhall meetings between the two. All you need to join is a phone or a web-connected tablet or computer.
Legislators have a chance to familiarize our members with proposed and pending legislation, and School Board Members have an opportunity to ask questions. This is in keeping with our Core Value of "Making Solution-Oriented Partnerships".
How it works: RSVP and we will send out an email with the meeting credentials. Reminder: this is an opportunity for members only!
Topic: Senate Bill 1360- Student Assessment (flexibility) sponsored by President Gaetz and other education topics as he is Chair of Ed. Appropriations Committee and a Member of the Education Committee.
About Pres. Gaetz:
- Elected to the Senate in 2006, reelected subsequently
- Senate President, 2012-2014
Other Public Service
- Okaloosa School Board, elected Superintendent, 2000-2006
- Okaloosa County School Board, Chairman, 1995-1996, Member, 1994-2000
- Seaside, Florida, Town Chairman, 1990-1991
Occupation: Co-founder and Vice Chairman (retired), VITAS Healthcare Corporation, Miami, FL; President and Chairman, Caregivers, Inc., Pensacola, FL Spouse: Victoria Quertermous of Fort Walton Beach Children: Matt Gaetz, Erin Victoria Gaetz Education:
- Troy State University, M.P.A., Education
- Concordia College, B.A., Religion and Political Science
Born: January 22, 1948 in Rugby, North Dakota. Moved to Florida in 1978. Historical:
- Father of State Representative Matt Gaetz
Google map and directions